Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thai Kitchen Lemongrass and Chili Stir Fry Rice Noodles

These are very awesome ! I highly recommend them for a quick dinner. They are not only vegan, but also gluten free.

The package recommends stir frying the noodles with chicken, tofu, or beef. I used tofu. I got the firm kind, but I think the extra firm would have worked best. I just used it, because it was what I had on hand. It turned out great. The tofu crumbled a bit, but the taste was fabulous.

The only difference I made to the package instructions was to cook the tofu in chili powder, instead of just in the oil. I think this made it a bit spicier, but it was so good !

A wok is best for stir frying, of course. You can typically find one for a relatively low price at walmart, target or your local department store.

I got mine at whole foods for around $2.39 I believe after a $1 coupon found on the package. Without the couple they would be over $3, but still not bad for a two person meal. Add in a package of tofu for under $2 and a couple of fresh veggies and it is a great inexpensive, healthy and quick meal.

When purchased on amazon.com, they come to $2.55 a box for a pack of twelve boxes... not bad !


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZSE6Q

If you just want a box to try and don't live near a store than carries them try http://www.naturalgrocers.com/lemongrass_amp_chili_noodles_by_thai_kitchen_5_3_oz_item_150647-p-10508.html They are only $2.70.

http://www.thaikitchen.com/storelocations.html There are store locations nationwide and in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment